Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Family, Flights and Football

This past weekend was absolutely packed with all kinds of fun!

Friday:  Sports Day at Daycare

Jentry finally got to wear the Husker T-shirt Nathan bought her for Christmas last year. "I'm Little but I'm Proud Go Big Red"

Jentry practicing her cheering moves.

Saturday: Air Show at Lincoln's very own Air Park

Since last year, Papa has been promising that he would take airplane, fanatic Isaac to see the Blue Angels. Saturday was finally the day!  Papa, Grandma and the Hamilton fam went early Saturday morning for an entire day of aviation amusement.  Nathan, Jentry and I did not think we needed quite so many hours of neck straining entertainment, so we arrived after lunch.

Papa and Jentry watching the A-10 Thunderbolt (Warthog) perform.

After just a few hours, Jentry could not stand the excitement!  She fell asleep on Grandma's lap.

Anna, our little knee biter (according to Nathan), had fun running around and attempting to escape in the crowd.


Isaac sat in amazement on Grandma Hamilton's lap.

Saturday Evening: Game Time

Papa, Grandma, Nathan and I went to Memorial Stadium to watch the Huskers play while my very gracious sister and brother-in-law watched all of the kiddos at my house.  I don't think Chad was too excited about the scenario; however my cable package provides the Big Ten Network, which Chad does not have, so he unwillingly agreed.  All three children were bathed and out cold on the floor of my living room when we finally arrived home.  Nathan said it looked like a war zone, but I thought it looked wonderful!  There is just nothing better than quiet, sleeping children.

Sunday: Family Fun... minus a meltdown

For lunch we grilled at the Hamilton's and the cousins enjoyed another day of "hard at it" play. By the time my parents were ready to head home, Jentry was beyond tired and was beginning to be quite naughty.  Sure enough, she had a full blown meltdown for all to see.  After a screaming ride home and several minutes in "think time,"  Jentry finally gave in and quieted long enough to come out of her room.  I think she only saw the first five minutes of the TV show "Team Umizoomi" and she was out for a much needed nap. 

Sunday Evening: Picnic supper and a troll around Holmes Lake

Thanks to my sister for planting the wonderful idea in my head, Jentry and I spent the evening at the park beside Holmes Lake, here in Lincoln.  It is actually not that far from our house.  We grabbed some sandwiches for a quick and easy supper.  I explained to Jentry that we could just eat our supper outside by the lake.  Being the smart girl that she is, she quickly said "but we will have to find a table and chairs."  After supper on a picnic table,  Jentry played on the playground while I sat and watched.  Finally I was one of those mothers that I have been envying for three years.  You know, the one that gets to sit back and read a book while her child entertains herself for hours without getting hurt.





We had a wonderful time enjoying the beautiful September weather.  We also took a troll along the water at sunset.  Such an easy, free activity and Jentry had a blast.  I am not sure why I have not thought of going to the lake before now.  I guess it is truly the simple things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment