Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend at Grandma's

Last weekend Jentry got to stay at Grandma and Papa's house by herself for the very first time.  She was very excited and seemed to have no problem with the idea of mom being somewhere else.  I even read her the The Berenstain Bears and The Week at Grandma's to prepare, but I really don't think my little miss independent needed any encouragement.  She was more than ready to go and had her suitcase packed with her clothes, bathroom supplies, swimming suit, stuffed elephant, snugglie...you know, the big girl essentials.

Jentry's schedule of activities varied slightly from Brother and Sister Bear's.  First she got to ride along with Papa and helped chopped silage.  Then she got to drive the boat and go swimming at the lake.  Papa and Grandma said she was a little angel the entire time and went to sleep like such a big girl.  At first, I was slightly annoyed that she behaved so well for them, but then I realized that this truly was a good thing for me.  Now they may offer to take her again sometime! 

I spent the weekend in Sutton helping Nathan and his parents with Field Day.  Every August they host a customer appreciation lunch for their clients.  Jan prepared all of the food herself and did an amazing job.  They cooked 54 racks of baby back ribs that were fall off the bone fabulous.  Jan's ribs are famous throughout the entire county.  Altogether they severed around 75 people.   I was supposed to be there to help, but I really did not have to do much work at all.  The McKenzie's have established an extremely organized system that made the day flow amazingly well.  It was fun to chat with all of the farmers and meet some faces that go with the names I have heard so much about in the last year. 

Grandma and Papa brought Jentry back to me in Sutton.  Nathan gave them a tour of his house and then took them to see the sites in town.  After a quick ten minute roll through town, they had seen it all so we went out to John and Jan's for yet another amazing meal.  In summary, the weekend was a huge success for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment