Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snowman the Snowman

Jentry and I needed a little break from being inside this weekend so I suggested that we build a snowman.  Jentry was very excited about this idea as we had just been reading a book about how to build a snowman. The snow was just perfect in the back yard and it did not take long to roll up a huge snowball for the base.  The second ball came together just as quickly, but then we ran into a slight problem.  Mom was not strong enough to lift the second snowball on top of the first!  As this was Jentry's very first experience of making a snowman I simply could not fail. 

After several attempts, I gave up and went to the garage searching for a board.  I thought that I could possibly build a ramp to roll the snowball up on top of the first.  To my surprise the silly plan actually worked and Jentry thought I was a hero!  I am sure my neighbors thought I insane, however.

Jentry helped gather the sticks for the arms and I went looking for a hat. At last we found the perfect rocks for the eyes, nose and mouth.  Jentry was very proud of her snowman.  I asked her what she wanted to name the snowman and even suggested Frosty.  She just looked at me like I was crazy and said, "No, his name is Snowman!" 




Jentry insisted that I stand by the snowman for a picture too!


No comments:

Post a Comment