Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just One of Those Days

What can I say?  It was simply one of those mornings!  Jentry was certainly acting her age and living up to the infamous “terrible twos.”  She did not want to wake up.  She did not want to get dressed.  She did not want to go to daycare.  She did not want to wear jeans.  She did not want her vitamin.  She did not want to put on her boots, coat, hat, gloves…. Etc.  However, when I suggested that I help her, she very loudly stated “I do it myself!”  Time was running out and we were going to be late and Jentry was going to miss breakfast.  I tried to stay patient as long as possible, but eventually I broke down and began the, oh so typical, “I am going to count to three and you had better start helping Mommy!”  Followed by the, “That’s it, I am going to leave you!”  I know that I should never make threats in which I can not follow through, but I was running out of options.  This really did not help the situation at all.  She just began to cry louder. 

Eventually we were heading down the street in car.  I was hot, in zero degree weather mind you, from wrestling Jentry and she was exhausted at 7:15 AM.  I found myself giving the “things are going to change around here” speech and asking for Jentry's input as to how she was going contribute to bettering our morning routine.  As I glanced back at her sniffling little face and tiny, pink polished fingers tightly gripping her “snugglie”, I realized that she is still my little girl and not completely grown-up, just yet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment