Sunday, October 15, 2023

Surprise Talent

One afternoon, I was just randomly scrolling through social media when I came across the following post from our school music department. My eyes were instantly drawn to a name I recognized well.  


The talent show was only a three days away and I had no idea that Mason had signed himself up for the competition. I immediately asked Mason what talent he planned to perform and he said, "Oh I'm going to play the piano and sing."  I had not once heard him practicing said talent and was starting to sweat. I thought this could go very very badly, however true to Mason's nature he was as confident as ever. 

Saturday came and he prepared his costume to go along with his song selection, "Yankee Doodle Dandy".



He was the youngest contestant and chose a simple piece, but I have to say...he nailed it! I am willing to bet this will not be the last time we see this kid on stage. He just loves the spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment