Tuesday, December 6, 2022

70 Years

It is difficult to discern how time and age are perceived.

Today my father turns 70. 

They say 'time flies'... but you're the pilot!

How fortunate am I to have been a part of this pilot's life for 40 of his 70 years.

I recently asked, "if given the chance would you have chosen a different career?" He said he would have, but I cannot image being anything other than a farmer's daughter.

Only a farmer could have tended and grew me to who I am today.

Last Saturday we celebrated with his friends and family. What a gift to have been given these lifelong relationships and friendships with such rich people.






Since his retirement, I have been amazed by the creativity and talent that has emerged from my father. Papa's Workshop continues to produce beautiful works of wood art. He generously crafted a wooden ornament for each of his friends to take home and hang on their Christmas tree.  


No comments:

Post a Comment