Monday, July 15, 2019

Tekamah

After years of trying to spend more time with my Granny Mary, I believe we have finally figured out the logistics.

My mom arranged the rental of the Maxwell House and M&R Rentals both within walking distance of Granny's house in Tekamah.

The Maxwell House was built in 1901 and is a spacious home perfectly laid out for our family to gather.

M&R Rentals is an apartment loft in the back of the old theatre building. Between the two we had plenty of beds for the entire crew.

My mom's brother Paul, his wife Jaymie and my cousin Breanne live in Craig and were able to join us.





A game of Mall Maddness is always entertaining.


We visited family who came before our time and took in the amazing Missouri Valley views.








The Burt County Museum is always fun to walk through. My Great Grandparents, Leo and Bertha Chamberlain, actually lived in the house (now museum) for a couple of summers in the late 1960s.


Jentry just loves the mannequins.



Mason could not wait to play with the toys at Granny's house. The 1980s Little People camping set is his favorite and I have to say was mine too.



Granny's flowers were amazing!


After supper at Way North, the kids got to take a sunset swim in Summit Lake.



Jentry and Anna in their Sunday best ready for church.




Even the bonding time in car can be worth the adventure.


Witnessing my 86 year old grand mother play with my children was worth all the efforts of travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment