Saturday, July 2, 2016

Eight is Great

My baby girl is officially eight and you can bet that we had to celebrate.

The festivities actually began the night before her birthday. Nathan took Jentry to Hastings for a movie/dinner date. They watched Finding Dory and enjoyed a nice supper together at the Barrel Bar. By the time they arrived home, Papa and Onnie had brought her gift to our house and had it all set up to surprise her.  Not shocking, they went all out with a 7, that's right folks SEVEN, foot teepee. It was a "huge" hit.


The next morning I got up early and decorated the birthday girl's door just as she requested. She cracks me up. Next we enjoyed a special blueberry muffin for her birthday breakfast and then surprised her with a brand new.....bike!








After a quick cruise around the block we started prepping for the party. Jentry wanted a monkey theme and spent several days gathering all of her "monkey" things to decorate for the big day. She even created this awesome decoration for her bedroom door.


We invited a few girlfriends for an afternoon at the pool and a sleepover. The birthday girl chose a menu of taco salad, fruit and brownie sundaes.






Everything was going rather well until I went to pick up Mason from daycare. Of course, in true younger sibling fashion, he had to keep Jentry from the spotlight by getting a stomach sickness. I hauled him home in only a diaper and his clothes in a plastic bag all the while praying that none of the girls would get sick and that my backseat would remain dry.

He continued to throw-up at home several more times but I somehow managed to keep up with him and get supper made for the girls. I thought I might be able to handle it all, but I finally made the executive decision to call for reinforcements. Daddy had to come home from golf league a bit early but he was more than happy to help and said I should have called earlier.

I was worried about Mason sleeping through the night and had no idea how the girls would do but surprisingly every one slept great.

The girls watched The Sandlot and crashed in the man cave until 8 am the next day. Mason was already feeling much better and all in all the birthday party was a grrrrEIGHT sucess.

No comments:

Post a Comment