Sunday, August 18, 2013

School Shopping in Lincoln

Jentry and I celebrated the last weekend before school by taking a little shopping trip to Lincoln.

My plan was to get to town in time to see some of my dear friends at the bank.  Jentry had a blast playing with "Silly Judy."  She just can't get enough of her!


Next we went to my friend Abby's house where Jentry was treated with a birthday present.  Obviously it had been much too long since our last visit.

After chatting it up with Abby, we headed to Kohls to find Jentry some new clothes and an outfit to wear for her picture shoot the next morning.  Jentry has become so picky about her attire that I now refuse to buy anything that she has not selected herself.  Any item I have brought home to her is not what she likes, of course.  Quite the diva I tell you!

We finally stopped for a late supper at Runza and then headed to the condo to crash for the night.  Jentry was excited about our sleep over because she actually got to sleep with me which rarely happens.

The next morning we shared a lovely breakfast at The Egg & I and then headed to the our appointment with the photographer.  When I told her about the plans to have her pictures taken she began negotiating.  "I will take pictures for you IF you take me to the Children's Museum."   And it begins.

While waiting for the pictures to print, we hit up a few more stores and grabbed some quick lunch.  Jentry's restaurant selections and mine are not exactly the same.  It almost killed me to drive by all the other fabulous eating establishments to get to McDonald's!

One more stop at the Gateway mall and then it was finally time to head to the museum.  By this time Jentry was exhausted and wanted me to carry her.  I asked her if she still wanted to go beings she couldn't even walk.  She sighed, "Yes, I just...I just need a nap."  We walked through the colorful doors she ran straight to the ambulance and forgot all about being tired.  She also spent lots of time in the water zone playing plumber.  I snapped this picture to show her plumber father, which I am sure was very proud.


On the way back to Sutton, Jentry crashed immediately.  The 24 hours were packed with all kinds of fun.  She is finally getting to the age where a shopping trip to Lincoln can be most enjoyable.  I have many very fond memories of school shopping with my mom and sister in Kearney.  It was a very big deal back then. We got lots of new clothes, ate Chinese and drank pop!



The pictures turned out great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment