Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Somewhere Near the Water

This past week we celebrated our freedom with all kinds of water.

It all began with a quick trip to the Orleans pool on Wednesday, which brought back some memories of my life-guarding days.  To think that was 15 years ago is just down right scary.  The pool still looks great though.  I wonder how many hours I spent there as a child?

On Thursday morning, Jentry played with water from the hose and helped papa shine up his Camaro.  For helping, papa gave her a ride to the parade in Alma and she thought it was quite fun to pass her mom and grandma on the mile hill.  If she is anything like her mother, I'm not sure papa's race car is the best influence.

 

Anna scored some patriotic shades during the parade.  What a cutie patootie!

On Friday we took the boat to the lake and the kids had a blast playing in the water and making their own private lakes in the sand.  Isaac named his Isalake.  Jentry was brave enough to swim out to the floating dock and jump off like the big kids.  Isaac gave it a try but eventually decided it was too much and climbed back down the ladder.  



We're ready...hit it Papa!  


On Saturday we plopped ourselves in the river.  Papa managed to find a couple of tubes which were a huge hit with the kiddos.  The river was so peaceful and made me really miss living in the river valley.  


By Sunday we were all exhausted, however it might have possibly been my favorite 4th of July holiday thus far. Of course with the exception of last year when my Nathan asked me to be his wife.  That one is pretty difficult to beat! 

This year I got to spend extra time with my family and even got to see cousins that live much too far away.  Nathan and Chad had purchased tons of great fireworks for all to enjoy and the city of Alma put on a great show Thursday night.  Mom cooked several yummy meals and my sister invited us to their beautiful new home in the country for a rare but gorgeous evening on the deck. Jentry got to see her dad and baby brother at the parade, papa took her to see his bull and he even gave her a tour of the fire station.  I don't think we could have possibly pack more fun into just five days.


I am so blessed to have the freedom to spend time with an amazing family.  What wonderful memories are being made in the minds of these three precious children.  We are also very lucky that we had plenty of options to be somewhere near the water on this very hot and dry 4th of July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment