Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Day of Cousin Fun

Tuesday Jentry and I met my mother, sister, Isaac and Anna for a day of fun in Hastings.  We started by taking a tour of the Hastings Museum and then walked across the street for a quick lunch at Burger King. Sadly, I think the kiddos had more fun at the fast food restaurant than viewing history at the museum.  The museum gave them each a sticker but that could not trump the cool crowns at BK!

After lunch we splashed at the water park for a few hours.  I think the highlights of the trip for me were the following, which both happen to take place in the vicious wave pool.

1.  Grandma watched the kids float up and down on the tubes in the wave pool for awhile before deciding to give it a go herself.  It did not take long for the crashing waves to knock her off the tube on to her bottom. Instead of helping my poor mother get back to her feet, my sister and stood at a distance and laughed till we cried.  Thankfully she was not hurt, at least not physically.

2.  I had Isaac and Jentry on a tube and was trying to get them positioned for the best wave.  Jentry began to slip into the center of the tube, so I let go to hoist her back on the edge.  At the very same moment the huge wave crashed into the tube causing Isaac to flip over backwards into the water.  I tried to pull the tube off of him, but he was still holding tightly to the handle keeping the tube fastened to the water.  Kelly saw Isaac flailing under the water and ran to him with Anna on her hip shouting, "He's DROWNING!"  She grabbed his little arm and flung him out of the water like a snake. Again, thankfully he was not hurt, however I am sure he will remember the experience for quite some time.

We decided the lazy river was a much better speed in which to safely relax.





After the kids had tried every possible event at the water park we decided to head back the museum to catch the 3:00 showing of Kenya in 3D.  This was the first 3D movie Jentry had been to and I can't remember the last time I had been to a show.  The glasses have certainly been upgraded since I was kid and the kids thought they were so cool.



The next and last stop of our day was at Sonic for a sweet treat.  When it was time to say goodbye, the kids begged, "Just one more fun thing....PLEASE!"  The adults were exhausted but apparently a whole day of fun is just never enough for these adorable cousins.  Thinking back to my childhood and the many hours I spent playing with my cousins I am sure that we too begged for more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment