Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Cute Patoot

This kid...

This kid is a smart one. 

This kid is going to challenge me.

I began potty training this kid at age two and a half. It went fairly well and he has been completely trained during the day for a year now. 

The nighttime training...not so successful. 

Every night for a year I ask him, "Is tonight the night you are going to stay dry? Can we celebrate with a BIG prize at breakfast tomorrow?" 

Every night he responds, "Yep, tonight is the night"

Every morning same old story... soggy bottom. Ugh

Then finally, one night he went too far. 

Me: Tucker do you have to go potty before we put on your pull-up?

Tucker: No 

Me: Are you sure?

Tucker: NO!

As I pulled up the diaper and begin to straighten it out with my thumbs, I started to feel a warm, wet sensation.

Me: Tucker Jack McKenzie! That's it! No more pull-ups for you. You can just sleep in your own pee.

I ripped the, new, nasty, soaked pull-up off of his cute patoot and threw it in the diaper genie for the last time. 

Nathan: Are you really going to just put him to bed with nothing on?

Me: Yes.

In the last 10 days he has only wet the bed once.

I knew I should have tried taking away the pull-up sooner, I was just too lazy to deal with the mess in the middle of the night. 

He knew exactly what he was doing.  That little $#!&

He is lucky he's so cute.

We celebrated with donates for breakfast.





No comments:

Post a Comment