Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Mason's Mini Mom

Saturday morning, as usual, I woke up at 6:30. The house was quiet, so I allowed myself to go back to sleep. At 8:00 I awoke to sounds of Jentry walking around in her room. I could not believe that Mason was still sleeping. I took a few minutes to put in my contacts and brush my teeth. When I reached the hallway, Jentry's room was empty and the light was on in Mason's room.  I could hear their little voices and wondered what I was going to find. All of the sudden, Mason comes crawling out the door with his jammies half on, no diaper and a devilish grin. As I reached the room, Jentry had the changing pad pulled down to the floor, a new diaper in hand and an outfit set out. She was completely frustrated that she couldn't get her squirmy little brother to sit still long enough for her to finish playing mom. She was also very proud of herself. "I changed his wet stinky soaked poopy nasty diaper all by myself. It was soooooo gross!"

I was fairly impressed that she dealt with the diaper, however I am still wondering how her 43 pound body got a 25 pound little boy up and out of the crib. Most likely I don't want to know. Sometimes it is best for a mom to be naive.

No comments:

Post a Comment