Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmases One and Two

This holiday season we began with our first Christmas celebration on December 14th with the Johnson family. John and Jan hosted Jan's mother, her two sisters and their families. There were eighteen of us all together and it was a great way to start the festivities.


Isaiah and Jentry are five this year and Claire is three. They have so much fun together. Of course, the little ones are spoiled by all and receive way too many gifts. Baby Mack even received a few presents this year and he's not even here yet!    



Grandma Johnson is 90 this year and she keeps threatening her last Christmas, which makes me think of my stubborn Grandmother Bose and smile.  She looked great and as far as I could tell she had a great time.  She was opening gifts a bit slow, so Jentry felt the need to assist.


The newest member of the family is Miss Adelynn. She was born in August and thoroughly enjoyed all the attention she was getting at her first Christmas.


Aunt Deb and Uncle Bob gave Jentry a Monster High doll and oh boy was she excited. She has been asking for one all year. As she tore open the package she yelled, "FINALLY!" The doll's name is Frankie Stein, however Jentry renamed her "Asketchia." Don't ask me why, I have no idea!



The next morning Jentry and I were up early for the Christmas program at church. It went much better than I had anticipated and the kids did a great job. I was in charge of keeping eight Pre-school / Kindergartners quiet and in the right place at the right time. I only had one cry for her mommy, so I considered it a success. 


I wanted a picture of us in our pretty, Christmas outfits and Jentry just wanted to show off her new toy cars from the night before. Yes, I suppose the cars can be in the picture too.

Our second Christmas celebration occurred on Friday, the 20th. This was Jentry's last day of school and then she was off to spend a week with her dad, so John and Jan came over for supper and to spoil her silly. The first present was a toy I had never seen before. It is called a Flutterbye Fairy and is basically a helicopter for girls. You simply press the button on her stand to set her a flyin' and then direct her flight by placing your hand underneath her. I have no idea how it works, but it is very cool. Jentry was in fairy-magic heaven.




Next she got a huge stocking with tons of fun little gadgets. I thought she was never going to stop pulling things out of that sock!




Finally, she opened her last present. New clothes and a Christmas dress for her bitty baby, Mary... or Merry. She hasn't quite decided on the spelling and believe you me, I completely understand. Lately I have been wishing that God would send me an angel to tell me what to name this little boy.




It was a delightful evening of family and fun. As Jan said, "Next year the baby will be the real deal!" Jentry and I are so lucky to have John and Jan in our family. They have taken us in with open arms and made us both feel so very special.   

We plan to celebrate Christmases Three and Four on Christmas Eve/Day in Sutton with the McKenzies and then on New Year's Eve/Day in Orleans with the Boses. I am just loving how we can spread out the love and celebration of Jesus's birth in many different ways with all kinds of friends and family this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment