Monday, December 20, 2010

Diaper Money

Last Friday, Jentry wore BIG girl underwear to daycare for the first time! I was worried about how the day would go, but she stayed dry all day.  I had been letting her wear them at home but thought that her daycare teachers would not appreciate me sending her to school in underwear and having to deal with an accident.   However, Miss Lauren asked me about the idea of sending her in them, so I decided that Friday was the day to give it a try.  I should have known that she was ready, a few weeks ago, when I caught her standing on the big toilet rinsing out her little potty in the sink.  She had quietly disappeared, made a “stinky,” dumped and flushed it in the big toilet, pulled up her pants and proceeded to clean up in the sink.  When I walked in, she simply looked at me and said, “Mommy’s job?”  Another milestone day for my little girl, and I am so proud of her!  Now, what to do with all the diaper money we will be saving? 

 This picture is from last spring, but I thought it was fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment